Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend early morning hunts

In an attempt to beat the heat as of late here in town, I decided to wake up just before morning so I could venture out on a hunt in the cooler temperatures. Ended up going back to the area where I had previously found an old belt buckle. Had to adjust the sensitivity a few times to stop all the chatter. Got mostly pull-tabs and bottlecaps. My good find of the day ended up being a 1953 S Wheat penny. Kind of disappointed that I nicked the edge with my Lesche tool, but I will take a wheat penny any day.

The next morning I ventured out to the local soccer field park again and swung for a limited time in the grass. The dew was really heavy and I did not want to damage my coil as the 10x5 elliptical is only water resistant. Besides  cents in clad, the interesting find of the day was a metal plate (stainless steel?) that cleaned up really.  The plate is slightly curved and labeled with "1097 SALT LAKE CITY DRIVER 1950" There does not appear to be any other features on the back of it. My best guess is that this is an ID badge of some kind. A competition of some sort? What kind of drivers were these for? More questions than answers at this point.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment