Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Living on the edge

There is this new approach to parks that I have started to take with a few good results. The idea came from an ebook I got free through a Minelab owners forum, called "Understanding your X-TERRA" by Randy Horton. In this book, a friend of Randy's likes to hunt along the edge of a sidewalk, where the park or property grass meets the sidewalk. The theory in this approach is that people drop items from their pockets and if it falls on edge, it could roll to this interface and get stuck in the grass matrix. Take it for whatever you think but I plan on testing this out and see what results I get over time.

For now, an "edge" search that I did at a park on the east end of town yielded me one penny and one flower earring. Not bad. There is potential - even for edges that seem like they would produce nothing. Things have not always been like they are now - conditions change and some spots collect dropped items and then become just a piece of grass at the edge of a park where no detectors have gone before.


No comments:

Post a Comment